So, I meet this amazing guy back in August. No, there was absolutely no romantic feelings for each other-he’s sixteen and a junior in high school. Anyway. He’s this great guy. He’s funny, sweet, brilliant, nerdy, and absolutely adorable. Plus, he’s got the biggest heart you can possibly imagine. Over the next five months we establish this awesome friendship that means the world to me. We exchanged the best friend I-love-yous a couple months ago, and we’re always open for conversation with each other. We just have this genuine friendship that’s easy and natural.
Then, the next thing I know, it’s January 27th and my mom’s telling me that “some student from MSHS died today” and “his name was Kevin”. She told me that her co-workers (who both have kids at that school) were talking about it. Then, she tells me that he had a class at my college that morning because he’s “really smart” and was in an accident on his way home. This entire time, I’m praying that it’s not MY Kevin, but I remember him telling me that his name isn’t very common for people his age and there weren’t any other Kevins in his grade and ya-da-ya-da-ya-da. So I get on facebook, and plastered across my newsfeed is a post that says “RIP Kevin Fuller”. He died at 10:30 this morning. Since about 6 pm, I’ve been bawling my eyes out/regaining my composure/bawling my eyes out some more. For those of you NOT in the EST, it’s been six hours. I don’t know how to handle this.
Kevin and I worked together at McDonald’s. I left work at 3:30 pm today. Apparently everyone there found out about him at 4. If you find it hard to believe that he changed my entire life in just five months, picture this: a crew of about 10 McDonald’s employees crying as they try to keep the restaurant going through a mad rush of college students and various other members of our community. An 18 year old guy who is known throughout the crew team as being “born without emotion” walking through the doors at 7:30 crying uncontrollably. A 19 year old guy who met Kevin two months ago, breaking down in his car after trying to be strong for everyone else. Multiple people being excused to take a moment to compose themselves. I’ve been working at McDonalds since March and some people probably wouldn’t even notice if I was gone. Kevin’s worked there since August and he’s got his co-workers being unable to control themselves as they just let the tears flow. I told you this guy was amazing, right?
The last time I saw or spoke to Kevin was Saturday, January 22nd. He teased me about being late, and said he only teased because “you’re never late”. We joked around about how I might’ve been late, but I got to watch “Grown Ups”. He had to stay late and I told him “you know, if I’d been on time, you wouldn’t have had to stay late”. He said he knew, and I said “you hate me right now, don’t you?” and he said “no, I still love you.” I don’t know if he said goodbye to me that night, but I do know that I never said “I love you.”
Anyway, I’m going to call my brother tomorrow and talk to him. When he was in high school, his best friend was killed in a car accident. Maybe he can help me out. Plus, I really miss him.
But know this: I found out today that tomorrow might be too late.
1. What color are your socks right now? not wearing any.
2. What are you listening to right now? Taylor Swift-Long Live
3. What was the last thing you ate? chocolate covered pretzels.
4. Can you drive a stick? noooo.
5. Last person you spoke to on the phone? mom.
6.Do you like the person who sent this to you? I stole it from Fawna. and yeah. she’s a cool kid.
7. How old are you today? 18. and why is that so surprising?!
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? soccer.
9. What is your favorite drink? I don’t know. caramel frappe.
10. Have you ever dyed your hair? many many times.
11. Favorite food? fish.
12. What is the last movie you watched? The Eye
13. Favorite day of the year? Christmas Eve.
14. How do you vent anger? talk. write. cry.
15. What was your favorite toy as a child? barbies, yo.
16. What is your favorite season? fall.
17. favorite fruit? pomegranate. yum.
18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? well, that would be nice.
19. Who is the most likely to respond? nobody. I’m just posting it. ha.
20. Living situatition? living at home with the parents, wishing I had the money to move out. ha.
21.When was the last time you cried? a couple hours ago. I’m so tired of this.
23. What is on the floor of your closet right now? 13 pairs of shoes and a bowling ball. legit.
24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? not sending this to anyone.
25. What did you do last night? watch tv. argue with my parents. cry. that’s about it.
26. What are you afraid of most? failing.
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? none. I hate hamburgers.
28. Favorite dog breed? siberian husky. so glad my miniature dashund can’t read…
29. Favorite day of the week? Saturday.
30. How many province/states have you lived in? 2 states.
31. Diamonds or pearls? diamonds.
32. What is your favorite flower? tulip.
Full Name: Alyssa Noel W
Birthday: January 21st
Single or Taken?: single.
Major: criminal justice-law enforcement
Eye Color: blue/green
Hair Color: copper-ish brown
Righty or Lefty: righty
Layer 2: On the Inside.
Your Fears: Failure. Pain. Breaking down.
Goal(s): graduating college within 4 years. get a job that I love. marry a man that I love. have kids that I love. (:
Regrets: Not speaking up when I should. And my mom told me today that she hopes I regret my lack of motivation. I guess I do.
Relieve Stress: music. talking. writing.
Layer 3: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow.
Your thoughts first waking up: “five more minutes”
Yesterday: not good.
Today: slightly better.
Tomorrow: so not ready for that.
Layer 4: You’re picking
Pepsi or Coke: Coke
McDonald’s or Burger King: McDonalds
Single or Group dates: both.
Tea or Nestea: neither.
Chocolate or Vanilla: Vanilla
Cappuccino or Coffee: Cappuccino
Layer 5: Do You…..
Do Drugs: nope.
Have a crush: well, yeah… (:
Think you’ve been in love: yes. for sure.
Want to get married: yes. but not quite yet.
Believe in yourself: not really.
Layer 6: In the Past Month
Gone to the mall: yes.
Eaten Sushi: nope.
Dyed your hair: I’m not sure if it was within a month. so we’ll say no.
Done something exciting: yeah.
Layer 7: Have You Ever.
Hid something from someone?: yes.
Layer 8: Getting Old
Age you’re hoping to be married: well, 25 is what I’d prefer. but I don’t really know.
Age you’re hoping to have children: sometime after marriage. haha.
Want to travel to: Australia! and Spain, and Peru, and New Zealand, and California, and New York, and a whole lot of other places.
Layer 9: Perfect Mate (as in looks)
Best Eye Color: I love all eye colors. seriously.
Best Hair Color: no preference.
Short or Long Hair: short?
Layer 10: What were you doing
5 MINUTES AGO: this.
1 HOUR AGO: writing a paper.
1 YEAR AGO: no idea. going to college. probably stressing over chemistry and biology.
Layer 11: Finish the Sentence
I Love: everyone.
I Feel: stressed.
I Hate: things.
I Hide: my feelings.
I Miss: Sam. so so much.
I Need: sleep.
ABC About You Questions
A - AVAILABLE: yep
B - BIRTHDAY: 1/21/92
C - CRUSHING ON: an adorable 6 foot 4 man.
D - DRINK YOU LAST HAD: Mountain Dew: Voltage
E - EASIEST PERSON TO TALK TO: Danielle
F - FAVORITE SONG: Animal I Have Become-Three Days Grace
G - GUMMY BEARS OR GUMMY WORMS: worms. mmm.
H - HOMETOWN: Big Rapids, MI
I - IN LOVE WITH: Uhh, nobody at the moment.
J - JUGGLE: school, work, family, and friends.
K - KILLED SOMEONE: never.
L - LONGEST CAR RIDE? Big Rapids, MI to somewhere in South Carolina.
M- MILKSHAKE FLAVOR: vanilla.
N - NUMBER OF SIBLINGS: 2; Amy & Andrew.
O - ONE WISH: to be the best that I can be.
P - PERSON YOU CALLED LAST: Alyssa? I think?
R - REASON TO SMILE: Jesus is Lord, and I am saved.
S- SONG YOU LAST SANG: Feelin’ Alive-Jonas Brothers
T - TIME YOU WOKE UP: noon.
U - UNDERWEAR COLOR: pink & yellow
V - VEGETABLE(S): peas are my favorite.
W - WORST HABIT: being afraid to live.
X - X-RAYS YOU’VE HAD: teeth.
Y - YOYOS ARE: hard to control.
Z - ZODIAC SIGN: Aquarius
Random Questions About You
1. Spell your name without vowels: lyss
2. Your favorite number: 9.
3. What color do you wear most?: black.
4. Least favorite colors?: eh. I don’t know.
5. What are you listening to?: the movie I’m watching; Case 39
6. Are you happy with your life right now?: fairly.
7. What is/was your favorite class in school?: math. any math.
8. Who is your best friend: Alyssa, Sarah, and Danielle.
9. When do you start back at school/college?: I’m there right now.
10. Are you outgoing? Kind of, but I’m a bit of a shy loner.
11. Favorite pair of shoes?: my pink chucks.
12. Can you dance?: eh. only the waltz, cha cha, and tango, and not that well.
13. Can you tie a cherry stem with your mouth?: nope. not that I’ve tried.
14. Can you whistle?: not very well.
15. Cross your eyes?: nope.
1. Do you believe there is life on other planets?: I don’t know. sometimes.
2. Do you believe in miracles?: definitely.
3. Do you believe in magic?: yes, though I don’t believe there is such a thing as GOOD magic.
4. Love at first sight?: yes.
5. Do you know how to swim?: can I survive in a lake? yes. in the ocean? probably not…
6. Do you like roller coasters?: love them.
7. Have you ever been on a plane?: several times.
8. Have you ever asked someone out?: I asked a guy to prom my senior year. that’s all. he said yes, by the way.
9. Have you ever been asked out by someone?: Yeah.
1. What is the temperature outside?: no clue. forties?
2. What was the last restaurant you ate at?: McDonald’s.
3. What was the last thing you bought?: some eye shadow at Meijer.
4. What was the last thing on TV you watched: Sonny With A Chance, I think.
5. Who was the last person you took a picture of?: myself.
6. Who did you last webcam with?: I’ve never webcammed with anyone.
7. Who was the last person you said I love you to?: Katelynne, my niece.
1. Are you a happy person?: yes.
2. What is your current hair color?: light-ish brown.
1. What shirt are you wearing?: Morley Stanwood Track.
2. Shoes?: nope.
3. Necklaces?: horse head in a horseshoe.
IN A BOY/GIRL
1. Favorite eye color: I have no preference. (:
2. Short or long hair: shorter.
3. Height: my height or taller, preferably.
HAVE YOU EVER
1. Been to jail: Nope.
2. Mooned someone: No.
3. Laughed so hard you cried: Yep.
4. Cried in school: Oh yes.
5. Wanted to be a model: nope.
6. Done something really stupid that you still laugh about: Mhmm.
7. Seen a dead body: not human.
THIS OR THAT
1. Pepsi or Coke: Coke.
2. Single or Group Dates: a mixture of both.
3. Chocolate or Vanilla: vanilla.
4. Strawberries or Blueberries: blueberries.
5. Meat or Veggies: meat.
6. TV or Movie: I have so many favorites of both!
7. Guitar or Drums: love love love both.
8. Adidas or Nike: either.
9. Chinese or Mexican: chinese.
10. Name one random thing about yourself: I love saradines.
Katelynne Bear <3
it seriously makes me want to cry. I’ve known her since she was born, less than eighteen years ago.
favorite song at the moment.
If It’s Love by Train
Type these words into your iTunes library and name the first song that appears:
Happy: My Happy Ending-Avril Lavigne
Love: Love In The First Degree-Alabama
Hate: Whatever It Takes-Lifehouse
Light: Light On-David Cook
Dark: See U In The Dark-Honor Society
Good: Be Good To Me-Ashley Tisdale
Bad: Need Your Love So Bad-B.B. King/Sheryl Crow
Smile: Bring ‘Em Out-Hawk Nelson [the album has “smile” in the name]
Cry: Big Girls Don’t Cry-Fergie
Boy: If I Were A Boy-Beyonce
Lost: Lost And Found-Alyson Stoner
“YOU RUINED MY LIFE!”
“I HATE THAT SHOW!”
I adore this picture.